Western Stars is Bruce Springsteen's nineteenth studio album released on June 14th. I think the album is timely in that the late 60's and the "California Sound" are all the rage with a new crop of movies and documentaries covering the subject.
Here's a list of films I can't wait to see-
- Echo in the Canyon Directed by Andrew Slater
- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Directed by Quentin Tarantino
- David Crosby: Remember My Name Directed by A.J. Eaton
- Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band (Premiers in September at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival) Directed by Daniel Roher
- Western Stars (Premiers in September at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival) Directed by Thom Zimny and Bruce Springsteen. This film is a live concert of Bruce performing these songs.)
Bruce pays homage to that era of songwriting with thirteen new gems of his own. This theme-oriented album harks back to the days of listening to entire albums at a sitting. I would recommend you make time to do the same. Enjoy my friends!
I'm introducing a new feature today for my Monday Monday Music playlists by creating a Spotify Playlist to duplicate my YouTube Playlist for each blog. Spotify Playlists can be downloaded to your phone if you want to listen to to my playlists offline. However, you do have to be a Spotify Premium Member ($9.99 a month) to download songs, albums and playlists. Thanks to loyal reader and great friend Paul Hobbs for this suggestion!
Click here for my first Spotify Playlist - Bruce Springsteen, Western Stars
or, the YouTube Playlist embedded below.